They’re our family members with fur. They’ve been with us through thick and thin. At the sad time of a pet’s passing, most wonder:
- My pet was irreplaceable. What can possibly give me closure?
- How can I honor my pet’s loving memory?
- What’s the best way to express the love I had for my pet, and the love they had for me?
Everyone handles grief from a pet’s death differently. If you’re wondering how to deal with the loss of a pet, consider a honoring their impact on your life through a pet memorial.
Pet memorials are a wonderful way to honor your pet while getting closure from their passing. Having an occasion to remember the special role animals play in our lives is both healing and therapeutic.
Pet Memorial Tips
Celebrate and Heal
While putting together a pet memorial, it’s important to remember this time is for both celebrating a life and for healing. Instead of fixating on the loss of your pet, remember and honor your loving bond.
Surround Yourself with Loved Ones
Ask your family and friends to attend your pet memorial. Pets touch many lives, so be sure to include anyone that would like a chance to remember and honor them.
Add Special Touches
It’s those little details that make memorials meaningful, and helpful throughout the healing process. Here are some special touches you can add to your pet memorial:
- Serve your pet’s favorite human treat.
- Hold your pet memorial at a place they loved to go. Beaches and parks are great venues for pet memorials.
- Incorporate outdoor activities you used to enjoy with your pets (like a long walk to their favorite spot).
- Have planned speakers or readings that would help attendees remember the loving life of your pet.
- Show endearing clips of your pet.
- Incorporate uplifting music to help set the mood of the memorial.
- Include a take-home memento or token of love that guests can remember the service by.
At Eternally Loved, we understand that pets are family members and should be remembered as such. A pet memorial brings people together to honor and celebrate your beloved pet. It’s an opportunity to say good-bye and thank your pet for their friendship, unconditional love, and devotion.
If you’d like to honor your pet’s memory with a pet memorial, Eternally Loved can help put together a meaningful event. Tell us your personalized vision, and we’ll come up with the best way honor your beloved friend. We’ll handle all the details, so you can focus on getting through your grief and fondly remembering and celebrating a special soul that touched your lives.