Some of the world’s most desirable beaches can be found in Coronado. Dr. Beach ranked Coronado’s Central Beach as the #1 Beach in the United States in 2012. There are four main beaches — Central Beach, South Beach, Silver Strand State Beach and North Beach. Surfing, kayaking, sailing, paddle-boarding, swimming, sunbathing, exercising and shell collecting are some of the most popular activities on Coronado’s beaches. Additionally, special events take place on the beaches of Coronado, many open to the public.
Coronado has a proud military history and it is possible to see many examples of Navy training activities along the Silver Strand. Access to Coronado is by the Coronado bridge with beautiful views of downtown San Diego on one side, and the mountains of mexico on the other. If you drive on this bridge at night and check out the view it is one of the most beautiful things you will ever see.
With luxurious hotels, boutique shops, exceptional views, and historical downtown, Coronado would be a wonderful place to have a Celebration of Life memorial and will have no problem finding the right place to have a beautiful memorial event.
There are so many things to do to keep you busy, active, and happy in Coronado. Eternally Loved will provide a list of things to do in Coronado so you can participate in your family and friends life.
Area Events Calendar
Here are some ongoing local events from the area.
- Wed 8/21: Ovarian Cancer Then & Now
- Tue 8/20: Lake Murray Walk & Talk
- Tue 8/20: Gypsy Temple
- Tue 8/20: Manzanita Blues
- Tue 8/20: What You Gonna Do When The World’s On Fire?
- Tue 8/20: Kathleen Murray
- Tue 8/20: Hand Painted Silk Scarf
- Tue 8/20: Sketching at the Park
- Tue 8/20: Film & Discussion: Oh Lucy!
- Tue 8/20: Beading on Fabric
- Tue 8/20: Giveback Night
- Tue 8/20: Sunset Luau on the Bay
- Tue 8/20: The Secret Lives of Stuffies Writing Camp (ages 6-9)
- Tue 8/20: Lagers & Cheese Pairing
- Tue 8/20: Cheese Happy Hour
- Tue 8/20: Movie Night: Gloria Bell
- Tue 8/20: Dirty Dancing at Rooftop Cinema Club
- Tue 8/20: Much Ado About Nothing Open Reading
- Tue 8/20: Duckhorn Vineyards Wine Dinner
- Tue 8/20: Patrick Coleman: The Churchgoer
- Tue 8/20: T. Jefferson Parker: The Last Good Guy
- Tue 8/20: Herbie Hancock
- Tue 8/20: Summerfest: Love Stories
- Tue 8/20: Generationals
- Tue 8/20: Justin Hayward
- Wed 8/21: Friends of the Library Meeting
- Wed 8/21: Chaparral and Coastal Sage Scrub
- Wed 8/21: Job Fair
- Wed 8/21: Memory Café
- Wed 8/21: Practical Tips to Lose Weight & Keep it Off
- Wed 8/21: Circle Preschool Open House
- Wed 8/21: Summer Wine Series: Neyers Winery
- Wed 8/21: Overcoming Underearning for Writers & Artists
- Wed 8/21: The Secret Lives of Stuffies Writing Camp (ages 6-9)
- Wed 8/21: Omakase & Sake Pairing
- Wed 8/21: The Princess Bride at Rooftop Cinema Club
- Wed 8/21: San Diego Civil War Round Table
- Wed 8/21: Snail Mail
- Wed 8/21: Sacred Sound Community Acupuncture
- Wed 8/21: Film & Discussion: Fahrenheit 451
- Wed 8/21: Sacred Gong Meditation
- Wed 8/21: Snail Mail and Choir Boy
- Wed 8/21: Creative Bootcamp & Craft Beer
- Wed 8/21: Cult Classics: <em>Repo Man</em> (1984)
- Wed 8/21: Steve Cavanagh: Thirteen
- Wed 8/21: Gary Mullen & the Works: Queen Tribute
- Wed 8/21: Dave Alvin and Jimmie Dale Gilmore
- Wed 8/21: What You Gonna Do When The World’s On Fire?
- Wed 8/21: International Wildlife Conservation Global Social Hour
- Tue 8/20: Shane Hall Trio